Newbie to JIDE (CheckBoxTree)

This is the forum for JIDE Common Layer which is open sourced at https://github.com/jidesoft/jide-oss. Please note, JIDE technical support doesn't monitor this forum as often as other forums. Please consider subscribe for technical support for JIDE Common Layer so that you can use customer only forum to get a timely response.

Moderator: JIDE Support

Forum rules
Community driven forum for open source JIDE Common Layer. JIDE technical support doesn't monitor this forum as often as other forums. If you only use JIDE Common Layer, please consider subscribing for technical support for JIDE Common Layer so that you can use customer only forum to get a timely response.

Newbie to JIDE (CheckBoxTree)

Postby dinaharchery » Wed Apr 23, 2008 8:02 am

Hello all,

I am a newbie to the JIDE API and have a few questions that I hope someone can help me with.

I have tried using the JIDE CheckBoxTree Class but the javadoc API does not seem to provide much info on exactly how this Class works. Is there a tutorial for the use of JIDE (in particular the CheckBoxTree Class)?

I am trying to allow the user to click a parent TreeNode and select all children in the sub-tree or just expand/collapse a sub-tree or select each tree node individually. Is this possible and if so, how? Maybe some simple code sample :D .

Thanks for any help/hints.
dinaharchery

Postby Guest » Wed Apr 23, 2008 8:23 am

Hello,

First, thank you for your interest in JIDE.

In the first instance, please visit http://www.jidesoft.com/products/download.htm and download the JIDE_Common_Layer_Developer_Guide.doc. This document explains how to use the CheckBoxTree class.

Also on this page, is a Java Web Start demo. In this demo you'll find the source code to the example in question.

I hope this helps.

Thanks,

Postby dinaharchery » Thu Apr 24, 2008 5:48 am

Thank you Marek2008.

The information you gave me was very helpful.
dinaharchery

Postby Guest » Thu Apr 24, 2008 6:12 am

Your welcome :D

Return to JIDE Common Layer Open Source Project Discussion (Community Driven)