how can i read content of PropertyTable as user enter in it.

This is the forum for JIDE Common Layer which is open sourced at https://github.com/jidesoft/jide-oss. Please note, JIDE technical support doesn't monitor this forum as often as other forums. Please consider subscribe for technical support for JIDE Common Layer so that you can use customer only forum to get a timely response.

Moderator: JIDE Support

Forum rules
Community driven forum for open source JIDE Common Layer. JIDE technical support doesn't monitor this forum as often as other forums. If you only use JIDE Common Layer, please consider subscribing for technical support for JIDE Common Layer so that you can use customer only forum to get a timely response.

how can i read content of PropertyTable as user enter in it.

Postby rajesha » Thu Feb 10, 2011 6:54 am

Hi,

I have requirement where i need to read the content of property table as user enter into it rather then on click of other part of table.
Here is code snapshot of customize Property.class where map is updated when we move to another cell.

public void setValue(Object value) {
Object old = getValue();
if (!JideSwingUtilities.equals(old, value)) {
map.put(getFullName(), value);
firePropertyChange(PROPERTY_VALUE, old, value);
}
}

i would like know how i can fire event so that table cell content will be read as user enters.

Thanks
Rajesh.
rajesha

Re: how can i read content of PropertyTable as user enter in

Postby JIDE Support » Thu Feb 10, 2011 10:05 am

Basically PropertyTableModel would listen to the property change event of your Property class. It should be able to fire cell updated event on receiving PROPERTY_VALUE change event. That's how JIDE PropertyPaneDemo works. Please let us know if it does not work for you.

Thanks,
JIDE Software Technical Support Team
JIDE Support
Site Admin

Postby Walter Laan » Fri Feb 11, 2011 1:23 am

The model won't be notified until the editor commit so if you want to respond while the user is typing you need a DocumentListener on the cell editors text component.
Walter Laan

Postby rajesha » Fri Feb 25, 2011 3:59 am

Walter Laan wrote:The model won't be notified until the editor commit so if you want to respond while the user is typing you need a DocumentListener on the cell editors text component.

Hi Walter lann,
Thanks for u r quick replay, DocumentListerner does it:)

Regard,
Rajesh.
rajesha

Return to JIDE Common Layer Open Source Project Discussion (Community Driven)