JideTabbedPane titles with left tab placement

This is the forum for JIDE Common Layer which is open sourced at https://github.com/jidesoft/jide-oss. Please note, JIDE technical support doesn't monitor this forum as often as other forums. Please consider subscribe for technical support for JIDE Common Layer so that you can use customer only forum to get a timely response.

Moderator: JIDE Support

Forum rules
Community driven forum for open source JIDE Common Layer. JIDE technical support doesn't monitor this forum as often as other forums. If you only use JIDE Common Layer, please consider subscribing for technical support for JIDE Common Layer so that you can use customer only forum to get a timely response.

JideTabbedPane titles with left tab placement

Postby jhoffman » Tue Mar 04, 2008 11:43 am

JideTabbedPane handles left/right tab placement nicely, turning the title text sideways like it does. Unfortunately, it doesn't seem to care if the tabs are on the left or right side, it always turns the text the same way.

Is there any chance of adding the option of which way to rotate the text? This is already present in VerticalLabelUI.

Thanks!
jhoffman

Postby JIDE Support » Tue Mar 04, 2008 3:27 pm

I checked in BasicJideTabbedPaneUI which does the rotate for LEFT tab placement. You can check out the source code from JIDE Common Layer. I was puzzled by a place where I have to +7 when calcuating. If you could help me figuring out what's going on, I appreciate.

Code: Select all
g2d.translate(-textRect.height + 7, 0); // no idea why i need 7 here

Thanks,
JIDE Software Technical Support Team
JIDE Support
Site Admin

Postby JIDE Support » Thu Mar 06, 2008 4:54 pm

Just so you know, this is fixed in 2.2.2.01 release.

Thanks,
JIDE Software Technical Support Team
JIDE Support
Site Admin

Return to JIDE Common Layer Open Source Project Discussion (Community Driven)