- All Implemented Interfaces:
- Serializable, Comparator<Object>
public class ComparableComparator
- extends Object
- implements Comparator<Object>, Serializable
A Comparator that compares Comparable objects. Throws ClassCastExceptions if the objects are not
Comparable, or if they are null. Throws ClassCastException if the compareTo of both objects do
not provide an inverse result of each other as per the Comparable javadoc. This Comparator is
useful, for example, for enforcing the natural order in custom implementations of SortedSet and
If both objects are null, they will be treated as equal. If one is null and the
other is not, the null value will be treated as smaller then non-null value.
- firstname.lastname@example.org, JIDE Software
- See Also:
- Serialized Form
|Methods inherited from class java.lang.Object
clone, equals, finalize, getClass, hashCode, notify, notifyAll, toString, wait, wait, wait
- Constructs a ComparableComparator.
public static ComparableComparator getInstance()
- Return a shared instance of a ComparableComparator. Developers are encouraged to use the
comparator returned from this method instead of constructing a new instance to reduce
allocation and GC overhead when multiple comparable comparators may be used in the same VM.
- an instance of ComparableComparator.
public int compare(Object o1,
- Specified by:
compare in interface