DateComboBox outise of the frame.

This is the forum for JIDE Common Layer which is open sourced at https://github.com/jidesoft/jide-oss. Please note, JIDE technical support doesn't monitor this forum as often as other forums. Please consider subscribe for technical support for JIDE Common Layer so that you can use customer only forum to get a timely response.

Moderator: JIDE Support

Forum rules
Community driven forum for open source JIDE Common Layer. JIDE technical support doesn't monitor this forum as often as other forums. If you only use JIDE Common Layer, please consider subscribing for technical support for JIDE Common Layer so that you can use customer only forum to get a timely response.

DateComboBox outise of the frame.

Postby curvenut » Fri May 20, 2016 10:58 am

Hi again,

Ok, I have a small problem with the DateComboBox, when the calendar popup
it is partially outside the the frame (see attachment), how can I make it pop up entirely inside the frame ?

Thanks for your help
Attachments
datecombobox.png
datecombobox.png (6.57 KiB) Viewed 23137 times
curvenut

Re: DateComboBox outise of the frame.

Postby JIDE Support » Fri May 20, 2016 11:29 am

To be frank, maybe it is reasonable to ask the popup to be within the monitor but to be in the frame is not a reasonable request. What if the frame is narrower than the popup's width?
JIDE Software Technical Support Team
JIDE Support
Site Admin

Postby curvenut » Tue May 24, 2016 7:44 am

Hi Jide Support,

Thanks for the response. Maybe I didn't explain clearly my problem.

In my case the size of the windows is really larger than the width of the popup,
the DateComboBox is placed on the left side of the windows (as shown in my picture above),
when I pop up the calendar, half of the calendar is outside of the window/Frame .

Since there is a lot of space of the right side, do I have access in the existing API to a setting
so the popup use the available space on the right.

Hopefully my explanation (trying to do my best in english ) is clear !

Thanks
curvenut

Postby JIDE Support » Tue May 24, 2016 8:08 am

I understood your first post. I just gave you an example using a narrow frame to show you why the requirement doesn't make sense, not saying your application has a very narrow frame. Unfortunately there is no public API to change it. Or I should say there is a way to do it but very complicated (ExComboBoxPopup#calculatePopupLocation is the method to override in order to customize but this class is nested in BasicExComboBoxUI). We didn't add it because we don't think it is necessary. It is okay for the combobox popup to be outside the JFrame.
JIDE Software Technical Support Team
JIDE Support
Site Admin

Return to JIDE Common Layer Open Source Project Discussion (Community Driven)