Always show tabbed pane list

This is the forum for JIDE Common Layer which is open sourced at https://github.com/jidesoft/jide-oss. Please note, JIDE technical support doesn't monitor this forum as often as other forums. Please consider subscribe for technical support for JIDE Common Layer so that you can use customer only forum to get a timely response.

Moderator: JIDE Support

Forum rules
Community driven forum for open source JIDE Common Layer. JIDE technical support doesn't monitor this forum as often as other forums. If you only use JIDE Common Layer, please consider subscribing for technical support for JIDE Common Layer so that you can use customer only forum to get a timely response.

Always show tabbed pane list

Postby jeffastorey » Mon Mar 19, 2012 4:26 pm

I'm using the JideTabbedPane and I've noticed when the pane is too small to show all the tabs it shows scroll arrows and a button to show a list of all the tabs. Is there a way to show that button all the time? Even when there is enough room to show all the tabs? In my application, I would like to use icons (only) on the tabs, but still have that list button that shows the full text of the tabs.

Thanks,
Jeff
jeffastorey

Re: Always show tabbed pane list

Postby JIDE Support » Mon Mar 19, 2012 4:46 pm

Please invoke JideTabbedPane#setShowTabButtons(true) to always show the buttons.

Thanks,
JIDE Software Technical Support Team
JIDE Support
Site Admin

Postby jeffastorey » Mon Mar 19, 2012 5:05 pm

Thanks. I tried that, but it shows the scrollbar buttons too, which is a little bit confusing when there is no need to scroll. But is there a way to just show the list button (and not the scroll buttons)?
jeffastorey

Postby JIDE Support » Tue Mar 20, 2012 6:30 am

In that scenario, those two scroll buttons are disabled so it should be acceptable for most end users.

Thanks,
JIDE Software Technical Support Team
JIDE Support
Site Admin

Postby jeffastorey » Tue Mar 20, 2012 7:15 am

Ok, thanks.
jeffastorey

Return to JIDE Common Layer Open Source Project Discussion (Community Driven)