JideTable And KeyEvent

This forum is used by users to request and discuss new product features. Please do not use this forum for technical support including bug reports.

Moderator: JIDE Support

Forum rules
Product suggestions only. Please do not use this forum for technical support including bug reports.

JideTable And KeyEvent

Postby jiti » Mon Oct 04, 2010 7:57 pm

I have problem about KeyEvent with JideTable. I do not understand how to use KeyEvent in JTable, example : I have JideTable with GroupColumn and table is edittable. When I press ENTER key after edited cell, I want cursor move to down cell (in the same column , differrent row). I don't know whether JideTable support KeyEvent or not. Anybody could give me some advise in order to resolve my problem please ! Thank you in advanced
jiti

Re: JideTable And KeyEvent

Postby JIDE Support » Mon Oct 04, 2010 9:48 pm

When table cell is editing, the first enter will stop cell editing, the second enter will change the cell selection to the next row of the same column. Both JideTable and JTable behave the same way as I described. JideTable adds an additional feature to start cell editing automatically when pressing ENTER or TAB to go to a cell by calling jideTable.setAutoStartCellEditing(true).

Thanks,
JIDE Software Technical Support Team
JIDE Support
Site Admin

Postby jiti » Tue Oct 05, 2010 12:21 am

Thank for your propose ! But it's not resolved my problem. When I have finished editing , nothing happen when press ENTER
Code: Select all
public JideTable getTblChamCong() {
      if (tblChamCong == null) {
         tblChamCong = new JideTable();
         tblChamCong.setAutoResizeMode(JTable.AUTO_RESIZE_OFF);
         tblChamCong.setNestedTableHeader(true);
         tblChamCong.setAutoStartCellEditing(true);

}
      return tblChamCong;
   }

These codes is perhaps wrong ?
One more problem is how to make arrow key in JideTable behave like excel ?
Last edited by jiti on Tue Oct 05, 2010 6:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jiti

Postby JIDE Support » Tue Oct 05, 2010 9:11 am

The code you post has nothing wrong in it. But I need a bigger picture. Could you create a test case for it so that I can compile and run to see the issue? Before doing that, please check out JideTableDemo under examples. I just tried, it behaves exactly as I described.

Thanks,
JIDE Software Technical Support Team
JIDE Support
Site Admin

Postby jiti » Tue Oct 05, 2010 6:22 pm

Thank you so much for your ardour support. I find out how to resolve it. Just using TableCellEditor.
Thanks again,
jiti

Return to Product Suggestions