HierarchicalTable substance L&F support

This forum is used by users to request and discuss new product features. Please do not use this forum for technical support including bug reports.

Moderator: JIDE Support

Forum rules
Product suggestions only. Please do not use this forum for technical support including bug reports.

HierarchicalTable substance L&F support

Postby tomerbd09100 » Mon Nov 23, 2009 11:51 pm

Hi,

We are currentlly using the Substance L&F in the application and I have noticed that your HierarchicalTableUI is not support on this L&F, for us it is very a essential to have uniform L&F for the entire application and i belive that for many more customers, I know that Jide is a component product and not L&F, but still UI component is useless unless it is being supported by L&F, I would like to ask from you to implement the substance UI for the hierarchical table components, moreover i would suggest you as a component product to open/shared your UI implementation code, this way you could focus on the components side and let the developers help you support different L&F UI implementation.

Thanks, Tomer.
tomerbd09100

Re: HierarchicalTable substance L&F support

Postby JIDE Support » Tue Nov 24, 2009 9:51 am

We indeed looked at the possibility of implementing UI for table in JIDE Grids but it seems almost impossible to do it. Both of JIDE and Substance modified BasicTableUI extensively to create our own UI. I looked at Substance code and it is impossible to bring it out. Unfortunately it is just the way of life. To get what JIDE wants, we have to modify UI classes. For substance, Kirill had to modify UI too in order to get what he wants for Substance. We do support many other 3rd part L&F such as JGoodies and Synthetica. But Substance goes way beyond what we can support. Don't get me wrong. Kirill and I are friends. He did a great job.

We indeed open most of UI classes in the open source JIDE Common Layer but not those table UIs and some other components inside Docking Framework, Action Framework. We can't do that because in order to keep those components commercial. Those UIs depend on the corresponding components. We can't open source BasicDockableFrameUI and keep DockableFrame close source.

Thanks,
JIDE Software Technical Support Team
JIDE Support
Site Admin

Return to Product Suggestions