Action framework resize policy

This forum is used by users to request and discuss new product features. Please do not use this forum for technical support including bug reports.

Moderator: JIDE Support

Forum rules
Product suggestions only. Please do not use this forum for technical support including bug reports.

Action framework resize policy

Postby efx » Fri Jan 30, 2009 3:55 am

I notice that when I reduce the width of a window which has CommandBars, to the point where some command bars become semi-hidden (with "More" arrows), the bars on the left are the first to become semi-hidden, while the ones on the right remain fully visible.

This seems the wrong way round to me, as the leftmost bar is generally the most important.

MS Office, which I believe the action framework is based on, hides the rightmost bar first.
efx

Re: Action framework resize policy

Postby JIDE Support » Fri Jan 30, 2009 4:25 pm

The resize policy is very complex in real Office 2003. We studied back in 2004 but decided not to replicate it completely. That's why you see a much simplified policy in JIDE Action Framework. It is quite complex even just to do this simple policy. So I'll leave it like that and see if there are more people complaining about it.

Thanks,
JIDE Software Technical Support Team
JIDE Support
Site Admin

Return to Product Suggestions