hyperlinks in table not truncated correctly

This forum is used by users to request and discuss new product features. Please do not use this forum for technical support including bug reports.

Moderator: JIDE Support

Forum rules
Product suggestions only. Please do not use this forum for technical support including bug reports.

hyperlinks in table not truncated correctly

Postby abiffmaster » Mon Jan 12, 2009 1:38 pm

Is there formatting that would allow one to have hyperlinks or text for that matter to truncate in a table when the text is longer than the cell? Currently the text wraps. I would rather see the text partially displayed followed by "..."
abiffmaster

Re: hyperlinks in table not truncated correctly

Postby JIDE Support » Mon Jan 12, 2009 2:03 pm

How do you do the hyperlink? Using JideButton or your own hyperlink component?

Thanks,
JIDE Software Technical Support Team
JIDE Support
Site Admin

Postby abiffmaster » Thu Jan 22, 2009 9:40 am

I have implemented the hyperlink control with my own component. I will look at your JideButton hyperlink.
abiffmaster

Postby abiffmaster » Thu Jan 22, 2009 10:14 am

abiffmaster wrote:I have implemented the hyperlink control with my own component. I will look at your JideButton hyperlink.

The component that I have used to implement hyperlinks is a JLabel. Not sure why that would wrap. What layout do cells use?
abiffmaster

Postby JIDE Support » Thu Jan 22, 2009 10:20 am

There is no layout manager on cell renderer. The JLabel is set to the cell size and JTable will paint the JLabel over the cell. If it is JLabel, it should truncate. If you couldn't figure out what's going on, feel free to send us a test case although I don't think it is related to JIDE (btw, you may try it in JTable, not JIDE table, just in case).

Thanks,
JIDE Software Technical Support Team
JIDE Support
Site Admin

Return to Product Suggestions