Chart component

This forum is used by users to request and discuss new product features. Please do not use this forum for technical support including bug reports.

Moderator: JIDE Support

Forum rules
Product suggestions only. Please do not use this forum for technical support including bug reports.

Chart component

Postby dwestra » Mon Jan 12, 2009 2:43 am

Hello,

I would like to request a chart component which can interact with the Jide pivot grid. My company also developes in C# .net and uses the Devexpress library to create a pivot grid and a charting component which can interact with eachother with just 2 lines of code. It would be great if i could do that with Jide too :)
An example for the charting component can be found at http://www.devexpress.com/Products/NET/Controls/Charting/
dwestra

Re: Chart component

Postby JIDE Support » Mon Jan 12, 2009 5:01 pm

Thanks for the suggestion. We don't have plan to develop a charting component as there are several open source and commercial charting package out there already. Competition would be tough if we decide to do it :) You may use their API along with JIDE Pivot Grid to do what you want to do.

Thanks,
JIDE Software Technical Support Team
JIDE Support
Site Admin

Postby dwestra » Mon Mar 09, 2009 2:12 am

Can you suggest any component that i can use in Java that can interact with Jide? I can't seem to find one online. perhaps you know some examples?
dwestra

Postby JIDE Support » Mon Mar 09, 2009 6:17 am

JIDE is a very generic component library. You should be able use any charting components along with it. I suggest you take a look at JFreeChart.
JIDE Software Technical Support Team
JIDE Support
Site Admin

Postby dwestra » Tue Mar 17, 2009 2:34 am

I will look at this component and see if I can use it. Thanks for the info :)
dwestra

Return to Product Suggestions