Breadcrumb tree component

This forum is used by users to request and discuss new product features. Please do not use this forum for technical support including bug reports.

Moderator: JIDE Support

Forum rules
Product suggestions only. Please do not use this forum for technical support including bug reports.

Breadcrumb tree component

Postby javawizard2539 » Mon Aug 18, 2008 11:30 pm

One component I've often wanted in swing is a breadcrumb/tree component that looks like the addressbar used in the Windows Vista Explorer, where it normally shows up as one button for each item down, where clicking on any of them pops back up to that particular item, where there is a down arrow that allows you to see a list of subitems in a particular item, and where you can type an item path into the bar. Just a suggestion for a new component that could be written sometime.
javawizard2539

Re: Breadcrumb tree component

Postby JIDE Support » Mon Aug 18, 2008 11:54 pm

Of course we thought about this one when Vista was just out. But Kirill already did it in in his Flamingo project - https://substance-flamingo.dev.java.net/. I never tried it myself so I have no comment about its quality. Maybe you can try it and let us know if it is good or bad. We promote component reuse in general, regardless the component is from JIDE or from other people.

Thanks,
JIDE Software Technical Support Team
JIDE Support
Site Admin

Re: Breadcrumb tree component

Postby javawizard2539 » Tue Aug 19, 2008 9:55 am

There are some demos available at https://flamingo.dev.java.net/see.html . The bar is OK, but it's missing the ability to type a path, which was the main thing I wanted. But I could probably download the source for the project and modify it to add a text field, and then contribute it back. Thanks.
javawizard2539

Return to Product Suggestions