HierarchicalTable width and scrollbars

This forum is used by users to request and discuss new product features. Please do not use this forum for technical support including bug reports.

Moderator: JIDE Support

Forum rules
Product suggestions only. Please do not use this forum for technical support including bug reports.

HierarchicalTable width and scrollbars

Postby jps2k2 » Sat Apr 26, 2008 9:17 pm

Hi I'm kinda newbie with swing and Jide

I'm checking your HierarchicalTableDemo... I have added 5 more columns for level two and 10 more columns for level 3. I has been reading and trying the code but...

1) I haven't found the way to do not limit the width of the child tables 2 and 3 to the width of the first level.

2) I'm also trying to show(*) and set that only the horizontal scroll bars are limited to the width 1st level, I mean that even child tables of level 2 and level 3 goes beyond of the width of the parent table, i want that scroll bars have the width of the 1st table.

(*) I was able to show the scroll bars, but since the child tables fit to the width of the 1st level table they are useless.

Can you kindly give mode ideas/code about how to get this done.

Thank you
[/img]
jps2k2

Postby JIDE Support » Sat Apr 26, 2008 9:28 pm

We intentionally limit the width of the child tables to the same as parent table using FitScrollPane in the demo. You can look at the code of FitScrollPane to see how we did it. You can also try to use JScrollPane and see how it behaves. Just so you know, it is really up to you how you like the child tables width to be.

Thanks,
JIDE Software Technical Support Team
JIDE Support
Site Admin

Return to Product Suggestions