Maven repository for non-OSS components

This forum is used by users to request and discuss new product features. Please do not use this forum for technical support including bug reports.

Moderator: JIDE Support

Forum rules
Product suggestions only. Please do not use this forum for technical support including bug reports.

Maven repository for non-OSS components

Postby lievendoclo » Wed Mar 26, 2008 9:52 am

Hi,

Have you ever thought of setting up your own mini-repository for all the other Jide components (perhaps start with the eval jars?).
I'm starting to use the non-free components now (eval version tho), and Maven support is something I feel is lacking at the moment.
That way it's easy to combine, let's say, GlazedLists' EventTableModel in conjunction with Jide's Pivot component, without the jar hassle (excellent combination by the way :)).
lievendoclo

Postby JIDE Support » Wed Mar 26, 2008 9:55 am

I am just not sure if our server will support this. We are still using a 3rd hosting service which is on a shared host.

Thanks,
JIDE Software Technical Support Team
JIDE Support
Site Admin

Re: Maven repository for non-OSS components

Postby ddimitrov » Sun Oct 26, 2008 10:51 pm

I would like to re-raise this question - if the infrastructure is still a problem, you can at least package a pom.xml and pom.properties file with the correct dependencies, group and artifact ID under /META-INF/<group>/<artifact> with each jar.

This will enable repository managers like Artifactory and Nexus to bulk-import the jars.
ddimitrov

Postby ddimitrov » Mon Oct 27, 2008 12:59 am

I've written a script to push Jide artifacts to a local repository. Modify the REPO variable to upload to a remote repository. The artifacts are uploaded in a way that IDEA and Eclipse can create projects with the source stubs and Javadocs.

Usage:
Code: Select all
push <jide_component>|all [version]

• jide_component is action, pivot, dialogs, etc. 'all' pushes all
  • version is the versionby which to upload the components. Default is 2.4.3

Examples:
push-maven pivot
push-maven pivot 2.4.3
push-maven all
push-maven all 2.4.3

Issues:
  • We shouldn't need to specify the artifact versions. If the JIDE components include pom in the jar as suggested in my previous post, the version can be automatically guessed.
  • Since the Javadoc is not separated per component, I need to re-upload the whole jar (9mb) for every component. It would be great if the suite would include pre-packaged zips for each component.

Script:
set VERSION=2.4.3
set JIDE_HOME=%~dp0.
set REPO=file://%USERPROFILE%\.m2\repository

IF EXIST %JIDE_HOME%\javadoc\javadoc.jar GOTO javadoc_exists
  pushd %JIDE_HOME%\javadoc
  jar cf javadoc.jar *
  popd
:javadoc_exists

IF X%2==X GOTO no_version
  set VERSION=%2
:no_version

IF X%1==Xall GOTO push_all

@echo off
set COMPONENT=%1

set DEPLOY=deploy:deploy-file "-Durl=%REPO%" -DrepositoryId=local -Dpackaging=jar
set DEPLOY=%DEPLOY% -DgroupId=com.jidesoft  -DartifactId=jide-%COMPONENT% -Dversion=%VERSION%
@echo on

call mvn %DEPLOY% -Dfile=%JIDE_HOME%/lib/jide-%COMPONENT%.jar
call mvn %DEPLOY% -Dfile=%JIDE_HOME%/src-stub/src-%COMPONENT%-stub.zip  -Dclassifier=sources
call mvn %DEPLOY% -Dfile=%JIDE_HOME%/javadoc/javadoc.jar -Dclassifier=javadoc
GOTO end

:push_all

pushd %JIDE_HOME%
call push-maven common
call push-maven action
call push-maven components
call push-maven dashboard
call push-maven data
call push-maven dialogs
call push-maven dock
call push-maven editor
call push-maven grids
call push-maven pivot
call push-maven rss
call push-maven shortcut
call push-maven synthetica
popd

:end
ddimitrov

Postby JIDE Support » Tue Oct 28, 2008 11:01 pm

We want to move from ant to maven for a long time but never got a chance to do it. Our ant script is pretty big and complex so we are afraid it will take us a while to migrate to maven. Since we have other important things to work on, we keep delaying this kind of infrastructure things that have relatively less impact than bugs. If you know any way to migrate from ant to maven quickly, I would love to hear.

Thanks,
JIDE Software Technical Support Team
JIDE Support
Site Admin

Postby lievendoclo » Tue Dec 02, 2008 8:13 am

Been a while, but I'd like to re-raise the issue. The reason for this is that we'll be integrating Jonny Wray's RCP integration efforts into the Spring RCP codebase, and therefor we need the jars at compile time (eval jar will do). I can cope at the moment by manually deploying the eval jars myself, but the long-term solution would be that you're able to deploy new releases yourself.

By the way, if you need help mavenizing, let me know.
lievendoclo

Return to Product Suggestions