Jira Issue Tracking

This forum is used by users to request and discuss new product features. Please do not use this forum for technical support including bug reports.

Moderator: JIDE Support

Forum rules
Product suggestions only. Please do not use this forum for technical support including bug reports.

Jira Issue Tracking

Postby hart » Wed Feb 06, 2008 12:32 pm

Did you ever think about jira as alternate for this forum?

Jira has much more features for issue tracking, than this forum. e.g. the search is much more better.
hart

Postby JIDE Support » Wed Feb 06, 2008 1:18 pm

Not yet. I didn't find the forum to be the problem so far (except it doesn't allow attachment). I'll certainly keep jira in mind as I saw many places using it.

Thanks,
JIDE Software Technical Support Team
JIDE Support
Site Admin

Postby hart » Thu Feb 07, 2008 1:24 am

I think your common layer is perfect for the Jira Open Source Initiative: http://www.atlassian.com/software/views/opensource-license-request.jsp.

Please think about it, is has many cool features.
hart

Postby lievendoclo » Wed Mar 26, 2008 9:47 am

I second that, I'm using Jide on a regular basis, and knowing when or what is being worked on, is of great value.
The only thing is, you'll only get to use it for the Jide OSS component...
lievendoclo

Postby JIDE Support » Wed Mar 26, 2008 9:53 am

Have you guys heard of mantis? It was recommended to me someone else which is open source one.

Thanks,
JIDE Support
Site Admin

Postby lievendoclo » Wed Mar 26, 2008 11:44 am

Yes, I'm using both Jira and Mantis. Both are quite good, but when it comes to easy-of-use, I'd have to vote Jira.
As I see it, Mantis is best used in a single project environment. When you're using multiple users with different access schemes, multiple projects with separate component, release schedules and so forth, Jira is way better. Perhaps I am a bit biased, since I come a lot more in contact with Jira (Spring, Apache, .. all use Jira). At work, we're using Jira.
I guess when you're using Mantis, a free product, you need to set your standards a bit lower. Jira, when you need to purchase it, is quite expensive. But when you're in the situation described above, it pays itself back in notime.
So long story short:
Single project, no fuss, no special stuff = Mantis
Multiproject with all the bells and whistles = definately Jira
lievendoclo

Postby JIDE Support » Wed Mar 26, 2008 12:10 pm

Thanks for the detailed information.
JIDE Support
Site Admin

Return to Product Suggestions