Reports! Reports!

This forum is used by users to request and discuss new product features. Please do not use this forum for technical support including bug reports.

Moderator: JIDE Support

Forum rules
Product suggestions only. Please do not use this forum for technical support including bug reports.

Reports! Reports!

Postby javamann » Thu Jan 17, 2008 11:05 pm

Hi,
This is my yearly request for a component to do reports. There are now very few options available for doing quality report (free or otherwise).

See you again next year. ;-)
javamann

Postby JIDE Support » Fri Jan 18, 2008 12:24 pm

We haven't looked into report area. My feeling is there are quite a number of companies who are already doing that. Is that really as you said "very few options available for doing quality report"? Let's talk about it.

Thanks,
JIDE Software Technical Support Team
JIDE Support
Site Admin

Postby javamann » Sat Jan 19, 2008 12:06 am

The last company I was at needed to do some Compliance reports for their application. They tried JReports, home grown reports and finally Crystal Reports and they all had problem. I bought a product from KLG (part of Quest now) call PageLayout that was close to what I want. Of course it meshed with their graphing stuff. Since they were bought by Quest it looks like work has stopped on any new development and the cost went through the roof. Anyway, I don't know if you could make money with a graphing product but I would buy it.

Thanks
javamann

Postby Walter Laan » Mon Jan 21, 2008 1:50 am

We're using JasperReports with some standard reports we designed, but the users can tweak then a little (what data is shown, custom header + footers, etc).

For a visual report designer, you can look at iReports or Jasper Assistant. I do not know if these can be embedded in your own application though.
Walter Laan

Return to Product Suggestions