Open source more will help the customers master this product

This forum is used by users to request and discuss new product features. Please do not use this forum for technical support including bug reports.

Moderator: JIDE Support

Forum rules
Product suggestions only. Please do not use this forum for technical support including bug reports.

Open source more will help the customers master this product

Postby hdwur » Mon Nov 05, 2007 3:30 am

I am learning to use this product. And, I really think this is a feature-rich product.

However, I think it is somewhat difficult to take full advantage of the product features because the information released through the Java Doc and/or Developer Guides is less than needed.

I think it is better for the customers and JIDE Inc. that the product suite are open sourced to a larger extent. Actually, JIDE can still owns the intellectual property rights 100%. Or, JIDE can still keep the real core classes or libraries private. Open source the rest source files can help the customers to master the product. Derive workarounds. Get going when Java Doc does not provide enough information and/or technical support is not available. And so on ...

This is just my suggestion. But, I think it is important. I believe open source products will help sales too!

Regards,
Michael Wu
hdwur

Postby JIDE Support » Mon Nov 05, 2007 6:27 am

Thanks for your suggestion. However I think the solution for lacking of document to write more document, not to open source. Right now it is just the pace of the API increase overpaces the speed of writting document. We will get over it.

Thanks,
JIDE Software Technical Support Team
JIDE Support
Site Admin

Return to Product Suggestions