Combining TreeTable and Hierarchical Table

This forum is used by users to request and discuss new product features. Please do not use this forum for technical support including bug reports.

Moderator: JIDE Support

Forum rules
Product suggestions only. Please do not use this forum for technical support including bug reports.

Combining TreeTable and Hierarchical Table

Postby barney » Thu Oct 18, 2007 4:04 am

Is it possible to embed tables (and other components) inside a TreeTable (in the same way it can be done with HierarchicalTable)?

I realise embedding a TreeTable in a Hierarchical table should be easy, but I want the outer level table to be a TreeTable.

Thanks
barney

Postby JIDE Support » Thu Oct 18, 2007 9:18 am

It's not possible. There could be another solution to your requirement. If you are willing to spell out your requirement here or email support, maybe we can give you an idea.

Thanks,
JIDE Software Technical Support Team
JIDE Support
Site Admin

Postby barney » Fri Oct 19, 2007 3:20 am

Okay.

I want to represent complex hierarchically structured data in a table, with the ability to drill down to any level. Some of the objects in the hierarchy have an obvious intuitive representation as a graphical component or sub-table.

Using a HierarchicalTable of nested tables is not really appropriate, because the vast majority of rows have the same three columns. Using a Hierarchical table instead of a TreeTable would entail repeating the column headings for every row, and the resizing/sorting of the columns would not be applied globally.

I could create a custom cell renderer which rendered cells in certain rows by painting content from another component, but I was hoping there might be something from HierarchicalTable that I could reuse.
barney

Postby JIDE Support » Fri Oct 19, 2007 7:56 am

I don't think HierarchicalTable is appropriate either from what you described.

However in the case of TreeTable, all rows must have the same set of table columns. You said "vast majority" means you still have some rows that have more than or less than three columns. Are you OK with leaving extra blank columns. I really need to see a mockup to understand what you need. Email me?

Thanks,
JIDE Support
Site Admin

Postby JIDE Support » Thu Oct 25, 2007 11:04 am

Sorry for taking a few days to reply as we were evacuated from the wildfire in San Diego area. We just come back to work today.

I looked the mockup you sent me, but unfortunately I couldn't think of a good way either.

Thanks,
JIDE Support
Site Admin

Return to Product Suggestions