update of the SwingSet2 demo

This forum is used by users to request and discuss new product features. Please do not use this forum for technical support including bug reports.

Moderator: JIDE Support

Forum rules
Product suggestions only. Please do not use this forum for technical support including bug reports.

update of the SwingSet2 demo

Postby chrisk » Mon Oct 15, 2007 2:36 am

Hi,

The version of the A3.swingset2 example is a bit outdated. This makes it harder for a newbie to use the most recent JDK's version example and apply the steps described inside the "JIDE_Action_Framework" guide. I found it hard by using the guide + a merge tool to apply the necessary changes into the SwingSet2 demo of JDK 1.6(upd3).

Regards,
chrisk

Postby JIDE Support » Mon Oct 15, 2007 8:04 am

Sure. We will get the latest JDK's SwingSet2 and show people how to apply the change.

Thanks,
JIDE Software Technical Support Team
JIDE Support
Site Admin

Postby JIDE Support » Thu Oct 18, 2007 1:30 pm

I just went through the latest SwingSet2 from JDK1.6.0_05. In fact, I didn't notice too much difference from what we decribed in the JIDE Action Framework Developer Guide.

However I do noticed two bugs in the developer guide where we missed two lines of code that makes the demo won't run correctly.

One is

Code: Select all
        public ToggleButtonToolBar() {
            super("ToolBar");
            getContext().setInitIndex(1); // we missed this line
        }

The other one is we missed the following line at the end of initializeDemo() method.

Code: Select all
        getDockableBarManager().loadLayoutData();

Once I corrected these two places, the migration steps in the developer guide are exactly right even for newer SwingSet2.

Thanks,
JIDE Software Technical Support Team
JIDE Support
Site Admin

Postby chrisk » Wed Oct 24, 2007 1:06 pm

Great!
I am positive this update would help other developers, willing to experiment themselves.

Thanks!
chrisk

Return to Product Suggestions