Outlook Contacts Grid (list view)

This forum is used by users to request and discuss new product features. Please do not use this forum for technical support including bug reports.

Moderator: JIDE Support

Forum rules
Product suggestions only. Please do not use this forum for technical support including bug reports.

Outlook Contacts Grid (list view)

Postby yezdi_m » Fri Aug 31, 2007 8:37 am

Hi Jidesoft,

Are there any plans to create a Outlook type Contacts grid as one of the Grid view.

Thanks,
Yezdi
yezdi_m

Postby JIDE Support » Fri Aug 31, 2007 9:10 am

GroupTable is the one that is supposed to be the outlook inbox table. You can check out GroupTableDemo from our examples folder.

Thanks,
JIDE Software Technical Support Team
JIDE Support
Site Admin

Postby yezdi_m » Sun Sep 02, 2007 2:28 pm

Hi Jidesoft,

I wasn't talking about the Outlook Inbox Grid but the Outlook Contact. Its a JList with VERITCAL_WRAP. And each item can be considered as a row in a grid. So it should still have the TableModel as a Model.

Thanks,
Yezdi
yezdi_m

Postby JIDE Support » Sun Sep 02, 2007 3:28 pm

Sorry about that. I always thought about the inbox grid as many people asked for it before. As you said already, JList with VERITCAL_WRAP already can do something like the outlook contact list. You will need a special customized cell renderer for it. It's kind of like what we did in ImagePreviewList. I don't think it is a good idea to make it using JTable. JList is better.

Thanks,
JIDE Software Technical Support Team
JIDE Support
Site Admin

Return to Product Suggestions