Limited layout saveing/loading

This forum is used by users to request and discuss new product features. Please do not use this forum for technical support including bug reports.

Moderator: JIDE Support

Forum rules
Product suggestions only. Please do not use this forum for technical support including bug reports.

Limited layout saveing/loading

Postby nicola.gioia » Mon May 07, 2007 5:54 am

It is now possible to save or to load only a limited set of layout information?
For example to save only the size but not the position of the DockableFrame, or the State (docked float, hide ...)of some component (dockableFrame or DockableBar)?
Thanks
nicola.gioia

Postby JIDE Support » Mon May 07, 2007 8:00 am

Why don't you just call getBounds and save the size yourself? However I don't know the reason for your question. I would think the layout information is a whole thing. For example, the size probably doesn't make sense (unless it is in floating mode by itself) if not know the position or state of the dockable frame.

Thanks,
JIDE Software Technical Support Team
JIDE Support
Site Admin

Postby nicola.gioia » Tue May 08, 2007 12:46 am

My question is motivated by the necessity of my application to start the same window with different DockableFrame configuration.
For example I want to view always the window with the user customized size, position on the screen and the customized position of the DockableBar and the layout of a subset of DockableFrame component.
Other DockableFrame, that can be present, absent, or in different state in different start of the application. For this subset of the Dockable "component" i wanto to set an hardcoded status and position.
nicola.gioia

Postby JIDE Support » Tue May 08, 2007 6:25 am

I don't think we support this. Just as I said, we view the layout of all dockable frames as a whole thing that has to be saved and loaded as one piece. Maybe we can do it in an opposite way. That's to not save a subset of dockable frames' size and position. If you think only some dockable frames' size position should be kept (let's call it subset A), you can make all other dockable frames (let's call it subset B) setTransient(true). If this flag is true, the size and position of those dockable frames will not be saved into the layout file. When your app starts, you call loadLayoutData to load the saved layout for dockable frames subset A. For subset B, you call addFrame/showFrame just to put them on screen without worrying about its previous position.

Thanks,
JIDE Support
Site Admin

Postby zenii » Wed May 23, 2007 8:59 am

Hi, :D

concerning the method saveLayoutDataAs(String Name), as I need to save numerous layouts, I need to know where they are stored
But I just can't find the location (or the path ...) of the layouts saved with the method saveLayoutDataAs :cry:

ex: getDockingManager().saveLayoutDataAs("Layout");

then where could I find the layout "Layout" ?

saveLayoutDataAs

void saveLayoutDataAs(String layoutName)

Save layout data to the layout that specified in layoutName Note: Always use all lower case. I found some problems with upper case on Windows.

Parameters:
layoutName - the layout name. In Window registry, the layout name is the registry key name. If it's a layout file, the layout name is the file name with ".layout" as suffix.

Thanks, :D
zenii

Postby JIDE Support » Wed May 23, 2007 9:39 am

saveLayoutDataAs will use javax pref package to save the layout. It is either in registry if on windows or in home folder on Linux or UNIX.

Thanks,
JIDE Support
Site Admin

Return to Product Suggestions