AutoCompletionComboBox

This forum is used by users to request and discuss new product features. Please do not use this forum for technical support including bug reports.

Moderator: JIDE Support

Forum rules
Product suggestions only. Please do not use this forum for technical support including bug reports.

AutoCompletionComboBox

Postby hamu » Thu Apr 26, 2007 3:54 am

Hi

I am using the obove Object and my query is as follows.

If in an editable AutoCompletionComboBox if some one types letter, for eg. 'g'

the g item should always appear at the top followed by the rest of the g items.

This is not happening now. If u type in a letter it selects that item but does not scroll to the top, which is the required functionality. it happens for certain items down the list but not always.

Any feed back would be much appreciated.

TP
hamu

Postby JIDE Support » Thu Apr 26, 2007 8:13 am

We indeed scroll to the first g item in the drop down list when I tried in the latest version.

Thanks,
JIDE Software Technical Support Team
JIDE Support
Site Admin

Postby hamu » Thu Apr 26, 2007 8:32 am

JIDE Support wrote:We indeed scroll to the first g item in the drop down list when I tried in the latest version.

Thanks,

HI

But does it scroll to the top of the list so that when the popup is visible the top most item within the popup list is the 'g' items, in alpahabatical order through to 'z' item and no 'f' items i.e any values above 'g' item in the list, can not be seen untill scrolled up. For eg. if you type in 'z' as the first letter only 'z' items should be visible in the popup list. And if you type in 'y' as the first letter the 'y' item should be the top most value in the popup list.

Please let me if this is the case and if it is , its great and many thanks.

Thanks
hamu

Postby JIDE Support » Thu Apr 26, 2007 8:52 am

Are you talking about narrowing down the list when typing in the combobox? If so, that's not what AutoCompletion feature suppose to work (at least by default). It could potentially be added as an option. BTW, if you are interested in doing this yourself, you can get the source code of it at https://jide-oss.dev.java.net/. We open sourced it already.

Thanks,
JIDE Support
Site Admin

Postby hamu » Fri Apr 27, 2007 4:46 am

Hi

Thanks for clarifying that and is it possible for you to add that as an option.

Thanks
hamu

Postby JIDE Support » Fri Apr 27, 2007 8:40 am

We probably will not change it in AutoCompletion unless you want to do it yourself as it is open sourced now anyway. There is IntelliHint feature (which is also open sourced) is more suitable in this case (the list shrinks when user types). You can check out IntellHintsDemo and see.

Thanks,
JIDE Support
Site Admin

Postby hamu » Mon Apr 30, 2007 1:16 am

Hi

Thanks for that.
hamu

Return to Product Suggestions