GCJ compatibility...

This forum is used by users to request and discuss new product features. Please do not use this forum for technical support including bug reports.

Moderator: JIDE Support

Forum rules
Product suggestions only. Please do not use this forum for technical support including bug reports.

GCJ compatibility...

Postby rgrashel » Mon Mar 05, 2007 8:28 am

As a suggestion, I think that the JIDE libraries should be wholly capable of compiling down to native code using GCJ.

I have tried to compile a JIDE-based application down to native using GCJ, but there are certain places in the JIDE codebase that are referencing hard-coded, platform-specific look-and-feel classes -- rather than using reflection.

On Windows, GCJ will choke on Apple LAF classes, and on Apple, GCJ will choke on Windows look and feel classes.

I'm not sure if there are other dependencies, but if JIDE could work to create GCJ-friendly, platform-neutral, compile-time code, that would be great. Thanks.

-- Rick
rgrashel

Postby JIDE Support » Mon Mar 05, 2007 1:20 pm

We suggested you how to fix it in the email (by removing com.jidesoft.plaf.aqua package from the jars). So please let us know if the suggestion works as expected.

Thanks,
JIDE Software Technical Support Team
JIDE Support
Site Admin

Return to Product Suggestions