HTML Editor

This forum is used by users to request and discuss new product features. Please do not use this forum for technical support including bug reports.

Moderator: JIDE Support

Forum rules
Product suggestions only. Please do not use this forum for technical support including bug reports.

HTML Editor

Postby pourmo » Mon Aug 21, 2006 2:56 pm

Hi ,
Are planning to create an HTML Editor component, this is usefull if one needs to develope a mail client which needs full html editing.

Regards

Mo
pourmo

Postby JIDE Support » Mon Aug 21, 2006 3:07 pm

Are there already several html editors available including both open source and commercial licenses?

Thanks,
JIDE Software Technical Support Team
JIDE Support
Site Admin

HTML Editor

Postby pourmo » Mon Aug 21, 2006 10:55 pm

We have looked at many ways to display and edit HTML, the problem with most of them is the html is not rendered properly. We have evaluated ICEReader from ICESOFT.com we are happy with the rendering feature and it is pure java, but it does not have editing facility.
http://www.ephox.com/ has a HTML JavaBean SDK which looks very good, however their licensing does not justify it to be placed inside our product.

Many Thanks

Mo
pourmo

Postby JIDE Support » Mon Aug 21, 2006 11:07 pm

Can you explain to me why ephox licensing does not justify it to be placed inside your product? I don't know how advaned it supports all the html features, but their demo seems to be able to handle at least basic html editing.

Thanks,
JIDE Support
Site Admin

Postby pourmo » Mon Aug 21, 2006 11:16 pm

We are developing an off the shelf product, and we may not even have a direct contact with our customers. We would prefer to purchase a development kit with free reditrubution licence. I think their main target audience are companies who have an inhouse development where they know their users or the number of processors they are going to use.

http://system.ephox.com/s.nl/sc.2/category.14/.f

Regards,

Mo
pourmo

Postby JIDE Support » Tue Aug 22, 2006 11:17 am

I wonder if you can talk with them. I always believe a company should be more flexible according to what customers need.

Thanks,
JIDE Support
Site Admin

Return to Product Suggestions