tab key to navigate between panel

This forum is used by users to request and discuss new product features. Please do not use this forum for technical support including bug reports.

Moderator: JIDE Support

Forum rules
Product suggestions only. Please do not use this forum for technical support including bug reports.

tab key to navigate between panel

Postby nicola.gioia » Fri Jun 09, 2006 12:40 am

Now if I try to navigate between panel group with tab key I don't see changeing on focused panel. I tryed also with the demo using the "docking framework demo" example.
There is a way to enable this feature, or it is a not yet implemented feature?
Thank's
nicola.gioia

Postby JIDE Support » Fri Jun 09, 2006 8:26 am

The tab order among DockableFrames are not obvious. So we suggest you associate a shortcut key for each dockable frame. So user use this shortcut key to get to the dockable frame first, then use tab key to navigate among components inside this dockable frame.

Thanks,
JIDE Software Technical Support Team
JIDE Support
Site Admin

Postby nicola.gioia » Mon Jun 12, 2006 2:15 am

Ok it is a good idea to navigate between the main panel of the application by shortcut, but the application I developing has some dockable frames fixed in number that can be simply highlighted by a shortcut, and some dockable frames that are added and removed at run time by user interaction with the application. For this panel it is not possible to use intelligent shortcuts that can be simply understood by the user.
How can I allow the user to navigate between them by keyboard?
Thank's
nicola.gioia

Postby JIDE Support » Mon Jun 12, 2006 9:14 am

How about you keep track of those dockable frames created during runtime, and name it with an index number from 0 to 9. Then you can use alt-0 to 9 to access. Of course, you are limited by 10 runtime dockable frames. Hopefully that's good enough.

Thanks,
JIDE Software Technical Support Team
JIDE Support
Site Admin

Return to Product Suggestions