property pane event

This forum is used by users to request and discuss new product features. Please do not use this forum for technical support including bug reports.

Moderator: JIDE Support

Forum rules
Product suggestions only. Please do not use this forum for technical support including bug reports.

property pane event

Postby nicola.gioia » Thu Apr 06, 2006 2:17 am

if I use the property pane to edit the property of an object i have a Dialog that have a property pane and two button (Ok and Cancel).
During the editing of a property (for example a double property) the user can wrongly insert an invalid character (for example a letter).
If the user want press the Ok button before he have changed focus out of the edited property the dialog will be closed, and the property wrongly writed will not be updated without a warning message because it's format is not valid.
I would like to have some feedback information during the editing of a property to disable the Ok button, and eventually inform the user that a property is not in right format for example changing the text color of the edited property.
nicola.gioia

Postby JIDE Support » Thu Apr 06, 2006 4:11 pm

When user types in the cell editor, PropertyTable (or JTable) has no idea user is typing. The only component that is aware of it is the text field in cell editor. So you will have to register a listener to the text field which is not an easy thing. I suggest you simply display red color when user stops cell editing and diable OK button at that point.

Thanks,
JIDE Software Technical Support Team
JIDE Support
Site Admin

Return to Product Suggestions