Visual Designer improvement suggestions and bug report

This forum is used by users to request and discuss new product features. Please do not use this forum for technical support including bug reports.

Moderator: JIDE Support

Forum rules
Product suggestions only. Please do not use this forum for technical support including bug reports.

Visual Designer improvement suggestions and bug report

Postby rvloon » Wed Jan 25, 2006 5:15 am

Visual Designer is a nice tool to get up to speed quickly with the docking and toolbar framework. What I found lacking was the source-code generation support. It does provide a starting point, but not much more than that. I have therefore written a tool that read the .ilayout file and generates a class that will create all the toolbars and windows specified. It also lists all the property settings as comments, so one could just comment out the things that one needs to set programmatically. If you're interested, I can provide you the source code to include in the product.

The bug is that the showTitle property is not loaded properly. One can disable the titlebar, and it will be saved as such, but when loading the titlebar will reappear and the setting will be ignored. Worse, when saving the setting is not preserved.

Regards,

Ronald van Loon
rvloon

Postby JIDE Support » Wed Jan 25, 2006 9:14 am

Sure. That'd great. Please email the code to support@jidesoft.com so that we can integrate it.

I'll take a look at showTitle bug.

Thanks,
JIDE Software Technical Support Team
JIDE Support
Site Admin

Postby JIDE Support » Mon Mar 06, 2006 12:20 am

Just so you know, we fixed this bug in 1.9.0 version we just released.

Thanks,
JIDE Software Technical Support Team
JIDE Support
Site Admin

Return to Product Suggestions