Correct JIDE Grids Developer Guide

This forum is used by users to request and discuss new product features. Please do not use this forum for technical support including bug reports.

Moderator: JIDE Support

Forum rules
Product suggestions only. Please do not use this forum for technical support including bug reports.

Correct JIDE Grids Developer Guide

Postby hfontanez » Thu Mar 31, 2016 9:38 am

I am not sure if this is the right forum to report this, but I believe I discover a minor issue with the aforementioned document. On page 8, there is code snippet to show how headers are created and set in a JIDE Table. The second to last line is incorrect, in my opinion. The line:

Code: Select all
NestedTableHeader header = (NestedTableHeader) table.getTableHeader();
header.addColumnGroup(all);

doesn't work because a table doesn't have a default table header. Therefore, it returns null. I was trying this example, and I had to create my own header and add it to the table.

Code: Select all
NestedTableHeader header = new NestedTableHeader(table);
header.addColumnGroup(all);

Maybe I did something wrong when creating the JIDE Table, but I highly doubt it. This might be trivial for many, but for many inexperienced developers, this might be a difficult thing to overcome. I also think that examples should be more complete. In this case, the snippet should include the creation of the table itself.
hfontanez

Re: Correct JIDE Grids Developer Guide

Postby JIDE Support » Thu Mar 31, 2016 9:55 am

This code is after the NestedTableHeader has been set to the table.
JIDE Software Technical Support Team
JIDE Support
Site Admin

Return to Product Suggestions