Rich Text Editor using TinyMCE

This forum is used by users to request and discuss new product features. Please do not use this forum for technical support including bug reports.

Moderator: JIDE Support

Forum rules
Product suggestions only. Please do not use this forum for technical support including bug reports.

Rich Text Editor using TinyMCE

Postby drewformica » Thu Aug 22, 2013 12:06 pm

Has there been any though towards incorporating a Rich Text Editor into your offering? I know you have the Code Editor and have seen posts where you talk about the line that shalln't be crossed with that component. I only ask because we are in need of one and I was surprised to not find one here (when considering all of the other kick@ss components you have). It seems as if TinyMCE (although javascript) is a great LGPL solution. There's a project on source forge "DJ Project" (http://djproject.sourceforge.net/ns/) that has a component JHTMLEditor that appears to wrap TinyMCE in a JEditorPane (I think). I would use it but I'm not sure how active, well maintained it is.

Wow, that was a rambling paragraph. Anyways I know we need a component like that, wasn't sure if your other customers did and if there was any thought or consideration in providing one in the future.

thanks
drew
drewformica

Return to Product Suggestions