access to element of a subTable in HierarchicalTable

This forum is used by users to request and discuss new product features. Please do not use this forum for technical support including bug reports.

Moderator: JIDE Support

Forum rules
Product suggestions only. Please do not use this forum for technical support including bug reports.

access to element of a subTable in HierarchicalTable

Postby nicola.gioia » Mon Dec 12, 2005 9:05 am

I have a HierarchicalTable on which the method getChildValueAt(int i) return a TableModel with a variable number of rows.
When the TableModel change the values returning less rows it will exec the fireTableDataChanged() method, but the subtable display always the same rows, that was present when it was expanded: also the deleted rows.
The only way to update the rows displayed on the subTable is manually collapse and expand the subTable.
How can I force the update of the structure by code without collapse and expand the table?

Thanks
nicola.gioia

Postby JIDE Support » Mon Dec 12, 2005 9:22 am

refreshRow(int row).

Thanks,
JIDE Software Technical Support Team
JIDE Support
Site Admin

Postby nicola.gioia » Mon Dec 12, 2005 9:59 am

I think that the refreshRow(int row) method must be called on the HierarchicalTable instance. But there is no way to do the same without using the Table, but using only the TableModel? And what do the method do? It is not present in the JavaDoc of JIDE
nicola.gioia

Postby JIDE Support » Mon Dec 12, 2005 10:03 am

It is indeed on table level. There probably should a fireXxxEvent thing on HierarchicalTableModel for this purpose. Can you somehow get the table to use it as workaround? I'll think about how to make it better.

Thanks,
JIDE Support
Site Admin

Postby nicola.gioia » Tue Dec 13, 2005 3:50 am

I have some problems to get the table, because I am working with an array of HierarchicalTableModel that have no reference to the associated tables.
nicola.gioia

Postby JIDE Support » Thu Dec 15, 2005 12:16 pm

I made it calls refreshRow automatically when you fire row updated event. Will it work for you? I put a quick test patch at http://www.jidesoft.com/evaluation/jide.1.8.6.eval.zip. Can you give it a try and see if it works?

Thanks,
JIDE Support
Site Admin

Postby JIDE Support » Fri Dec 16, 2005 1:27 am

It looks like you haven't got a chance to try the beta. Anyway, just so you know, this bug fix is included in 1.8.6 we just released.

Thanks,
JIDE Support
Site Admin

Return to Product Suggestions