More control over WindowsProgressBarUI

This forum is used by users to request and discuss new product features. Please do not use this forum for technical support including bug reports.

Moderator: JIDE Support

Forum rules
Product suggestions only. Please do not use this forum for technical support including bug reports.

More control over WindowsProgressBarUI

Postby sean.dukehart » Mon Nov 26, 2012 11:36 am

Hi guys! I've been trying to figure out how to set:
  • ProgressBar.cellLength
  • ProgressBar.cellSpacing
for the ProgressStatusBarItem. After looking at the LookAndFeelFactory defaults, I saw that com.sun.java.swing.plaf.windows.WindowsProgressBarUI was being used as the UI for progress bars. No matter what I set these two values to, WindowsProgressBarUI ignored them. Looking into the source for WindowsProgressBarUI, I found the following lines:

Code: Select all
int chunkSize = xp.getInt(progressBar, Part.PP_PROGRESS, null, Prop.PROGRESSCHUNKSIZE, 2);
int spaceSize = xp.getInt(progressBar, Part.PP_PROGRESS, null, Prop.PROGRESSSPACESIZE, 0);

Is there any way that you all have of overriding these values? Or would you consider writing a more configurable override of the WindowsProgressBarUI class??

The reason that I'm seeking this is to produce a progress bar that doesn't jump but is more smooth (i.e. draws at each progress increment instead of some modulo of progress increments).

Thanks for the consideration!
sean.dukehart

Re: More control over WindowsProgressBarUI

Postby JIDE Support » Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:12 pm

I'm afraid that we don't have much control over the UI class either. As you have already mentioned, we simply use JProgressBar in the component ProgressStatusBarItem. We didn't ever try to customize the JProgressBar instance itself and don't have a plan to do so in near future.

Thanks,
JIDE Software Technical Support Team
JIDE Support
Site Admin

Return to Product Suggestions