ScrollBar with bookmarks

This forum is used by users to request and discuss new product features. Please do not use this forum for technical support including bug reports.

Moderator: JIDE Support

Forum rules
Product suggestions only. Please do not use this forum for technical support including bug reports.

ScrollBar with bookmarks

Postby jwiseman » Tue Oct 30, 2012 4:34 pm

In Eclipse, there are margins to the side of the scroll bars that have markings for breakpoints, errors, and warnings. I can click on one of these markings and the scrollbar and viewport window snap to that location in the document. I want this as a unified component.

I would like a scroll bar that is capable of being decorated with a scrollbarMargin component. This scrollbarMargin component would match the width and height of the scroll bar and when the user clicks on the scrollbarMargin component, the scroll bar would set its value to match. This margin component would also render clickable bookmarks. something like margin.addBookMark(indexValue);

If there is an easier way to achieve the type of behavior demonstrated in a typical code editor's scroll bars, please let me know. Otherwise, I think that a scroll bar with bookmarks would be a useful component
jwiseman

Re: ScrollBar with bookmarks

Postby JIDE Support » Tue Oct 30, 2012 5:40 pm

Thanks for your request. Please give JIDE MarkerSupportDemo a try and see if the Marker component is the one close to your request.

Thanks,
JIDE Software Technical Support Team
JIDE Support
Site Admin

Return to Product Suggestions