SortableTable with Group-option and Filters

This forum is used by users to request and discuss new product features. Please do not use this forum for technical support including bug reports.

Moderator: JIDE Support

Forum rules
Product suggestions only. Please do not use this forum for technical support including bug reports.

SortableTable with Group-option and Filters

Postby LangerG » Thu Apr 08, 2004 1:01 am

Hi there,

could you imagine to extend SortableTable to have an option to group according to the sort column(s) (like Outlook does) and to have an option to filter the content (like Excel has)?

Best regards,
Guido
LangerG

Postby JIDE Support » Thu Apr 08, 2004 9:05 am

We of course can imagine that. Eric mentioned filter at http://www.jidesoft.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=392. We also planed to add group cability to sortable table. So both of your suggestions are well taken. We will keep you updated. Thanks.
JIDE Support
Site Admin

Postby JIDE Support » Mon May 10, 2004 9:56 pm

A new release of JIDE Grids is released which has a new class called FilterableTableModel. It has the filter table feature you asked. A future version will have the grouping cability. Thanks.
JIDE Software Technical Support Team
JIDE Support
Site Admin

1+ Year later....any grouping?

Postby jgindin » Fri Jul 08, 2005 8:01 am

I've gone through the demos, and perhaps I missed it, but have you added the outlook-style grouping mentioned earlier in this post?

If not, do you expect to do so? Do you have a timeline for such a feature?

thanks,

jay
jgindin

Postby JIDE Support » Fri Jul 08, 2005 8:39 am

It's not there yet. We did a lot of things along this line but didn't finish it. I knew we will eventually have it but I can't give you a timeline right now. In next release, we will introduce TreeTable and CellSpanTable which will bring us even closer what we want eventually.
JIDE Support
Site Admin

Postby jgindin » Fri Jul 08, 2005 8:42 am

What is the time frame for the next release? I'm really interested in the tree table!

jay
jgindin

Postby JIDE Support » Fri Jul 08, 2005 8:47 am

Can you send an email to support@jidesoft.com? I'll send you a link to download a preview version of TreeTable. Please let me know if you are our customers or not. The link will be different.

Thanks,
JIDE Support
Site Admin

Postby pourmo » Wed Oct 04, 2006 8:16 am

This is a very interesting discussion, I enquired about the outlook like grouping, but at that time, you had not thought about the implementation.

Have you made any recent progress on this and have you got a time line as to when this may be available. We have used a grid from a company called eltima, which does the work, however we have stoped using it because we wanted to base all our swing component on Jide.

Regards,
pourmo
pourmo

Postby JIDE Support » Wed Oct 04, 2006 8:28 am

Wow, I didn't realize it was more than 2 years ago when LangerG first asked about groupable table. Many new table components have been added to JIDE Grids since then but the groupable feature is still not added. We actually tried to do it about one year ago but couldn't get a decent version out. There was also a customer who used hierarchical table to implement something like outlook inbox table but we are not quite satisfied with the performance. I think once we release PivotTable, we will spend some time on this component again. PivotTable will introduce a new class called GroupInterval. It can group values such as Outlook groups date value into "Today", "Yesterday", "One Week Ago" etc. This is something we can leverage in groupable table.

Thanks,
JIDE Support
Site Admin

Postby pourmo » Wed Oct 04, 2006 8:43 am

Ok, When would you be releasing the PivotTable, :D I can use one right now.
pourmo

Postby JIDE Support » Wed Oct 04, 2006 8:49 am

In the coming newsletter for 1.9.3 release, we will annouce the beta of PivotTable and welcome people to try it out. If you want, I can send you a version later this week.

Thanks,
JIDE Support
Site Admin

Postby pourmo » Wed Oct 04, 2006 9:19 am

:D I would be very interested, we can plug it into our beta application straight away and get our users to test it.
cheers
Mo
pourmo

Postby JIDE Support » Fri Oct 26, 2007 9:17 pm

I forgot to update this thread. But we added GroupTable a while ago which is meant to something like Outlook Inbox table. Just so you know.

Thanks,
JIDE Support
Site Admin

Return to Product Suggestions