editable title border

This forum is used by users to request and discuss new product features. Please do not use this forum for technical support including bug reports.

Moderator: JIDE Support

Forum rules
Product suggestions only. Please do not use this forum for technical support including bug reports.

editable title border

Postby Humperdink » Thu Oct 13, 2005 2:14 pm

I think it would be nice to have a title border that could have the title edited in place.

Thanks,

-- Rick
Humperdink

Postby JIDE Support » Thu Oct 13, 2005 2:16 pm

Can you give me a few use cases to justify the need?

Thanks,
JIDE Software Technical Support Team
JIDE Support
Site Admin

Postby Humperdink » Thu Oct 13, 2005 2:30 pm

JIDE Support wrote:Can you give me a few use cases to justify the need?

Thanks,

I think where this would apply is in situations where you are short on space (that is my situation). I have a series of title-border separated panels that are very full of information. Each section has a name that is in the title...and a text field for editing that name. If I can get rid of the text field, I'd save quite a bit of space.

I think this situation is pretty generic. I've seen lots of situations where this titleborder-name editor scenario is used.

-- Rick
Humperdink

Postby JIDE Support » Thu Oct 13, 2005 2:36 pm

I guess since this is not tranditional way of doing thing, how do you let your user know that the title is actually editable. I feel if you make the label itself a text field, it will be more obvious. Or you add a rename button next to the title.

Thanks,
JIDE Support
Site Admin

Postby Humperdink » Fri Oct 14, 2005 6:32 am

JIDE Support wrote:I guess since this is not tranditional way of doing thing, how do you let your user know that the title is actually editable. I feel if you make the label itself a text field, it will be more obvious. Or you add a rename button next to the title.

Thanks,

I was thinking you could make the text behave link a hyperlink...when they go over it they would know they could do something with the text.

I definitely see your point that it is not traditional...but sometimes it seems like such a waste of space.

-- Rick
Humperdink

Postby JIDE Support » Fri Oct 14, 2005 9:12 am

An extra rename button (with only icon) doesn't really take much space, does it? I guess a potential component is to allow any component to be used as the title of a titled border. Then you can do whatever you want to it.

Thanks,
JIDE Support
Site Admin

Return to Product Suggestions