jide.jar does not support East Asian language IME well

This forum is used by users to request and discuss new product features. Please do not use this forum for technical support including bug reports.

Moderator: JIDE Support

Forum rules
Product suggestions only. Please do not use this forum for technical support including bug reports.

jide.jar does not support East Asian language IME well

Postby outty » Tue Aug 24, 2010 3:45 pm

When a user wants to input East-Asian Language ( Japanese, Chinese or Korea ) by using the Editor of jide.jar, the position of IME is NOT next to cursor ( or we call "caret" ) where user wants to insert/input the language strings, instead the position of IME is at the left-bottom corner of the Editor Windows, this is very very strange. Other Java editors (like netbeans etc ) work well without the issue.

After I did some investigations about the issue, I figured out a solution to fix the issue and have had the java codes ( just needed to modify CodeEditorPainter.java, CodeEditor.java and added one new file --- InputMethodSupport.java ).

I have some questions:

(1) If I provide my solution and codes to your company, will you include my solution/codes into your new jide.jar after your company verifies it works?
(2) If your company decides to merge my codes into your jide.jar, how long does it take for us to see the code change?
(3) If I need to buy the license to modify jide.jar by myself, do I still need to provide my solution and codes to your company so your next release of jide.jar will include my codes?

Thank you
Yan
outty

Re: jide.jar does not support East Asian language IME well

Postby JIDE Support » Tue Aug 24, 2010 4:10 pm

Appreciate if you would share with us your solution. That will definitely be included in 2.10.0, which is the next regular release. The release date of 2.10.0 is not solid yet. It should be ready sometime next month.

Thanks,
JIDE Software Technical Support Team
JIDE Support
Site Admin

Postby outty » Thu Aug 26, 2010 2:58 pm

Hi JIDE Supporter,

How can I contact you? I am thinking about sending a zip file to you?

Thank you
Yan
outty

Postby JIDE Support » Thu Aug 26, 2010 3:01 pm

Please send email to support@jidesoft.com.

Thanks,
JIDE Software Technical Support Team
JIDE Support
Site Admin

Postby outty » Fri Aug 27, 2010 1:23 pm

Hi JIDE Supporter,

I just sent a email and the codes in a attached zip file ( Yan_To_Jidesoft_For_Fixing_Ime_Issue.zip ) to support@jidesoft.com, could you please double check the email and the file?

Thank you
Yan
outty

Return to Product Suggestions