Overriding autohide functionality

This is the forum for JIDE Common Layer which is open sourced at https://github.com/jidesoft/jide-oss. Please note, JIDE technical support doesn't monitor this forum as often as other forums. Please consider subscribe for technical support for JIDE Common Layer so that you can use customer only forum to get a timely response.

Moderator: JIDE Support

Forum rules
Community driven forum for open source JIDE Common Layer. JIDE technical support doesn't monitor this forum as often as other forums. If you only use JIDE Common Layer, please consider subscribing for technical support for JIDE Common Layer so that you can use customer only forum to get a timely response.

Overriding autohide functionality

Postby andrewbrook » Mon Jun 14, 2010 1:40 pm

Hi,

I was wondering how I would override the autohide functionality of DockableFrames.
By default, mousing over a tab will cause it to show and mousing out will hide it again.
I would like to toggle show/hide by clicking the tab. Mousing over should do nothing.

Thanks,
Andrew
andrewbrook

Re: Overriding autohide functionality

Postby JIDE Support » Mon Jun 14, 2010 1:50 pm

If you don't like the mouse rollover behavior, please try to invoke DefaultDockingManager#setSidebarRollover(false).

Thanks,
JIDE Software Technical Support Team
JIDE Support
Site Admin

Postby andrewbrook » Tue Jun 15, 2010 9:55 am

Thanks for the response.
That works, however, the DockableFrame only shows/hides if the DockingManager that contains it already has focus.
So if another frame has focus and a tab is clicked, the new frame will flicker on and off. Another click to this same tab is require to activate the frame.

Andrew
andrewbrook

Postby JIDE Support » Tue Jun 15, 2010 11:28 am

Would you please give the following test case a try? In this test case, there are two DockingManagers disabling the sidebar rollover flag. Please autohide these two frames after launching the test case. If one DockingManager has focus, I could not notice the flickering while clicking on another autohidden DockableFrame.

Thanks,
Attachments
TestTest5.java
(3.18 KiB) Downloaded 1137 times
JIDE Software Technical Support Team
JIDE Support
Site Admin

Return to JIDE Common Layer Open Source Project Discussion (Community Driven)