Using Jide Look and Feel with non-Jide components

This is the forum for JIDE Common Layer which is open sourced at https://github.com/jidesoft/jide-oss. Please note, JIDE technical support doesn't monitor this forum as often as other forums. Please consider subscribe for technical support for JIDE Common Layer so that you can use customer only forum to get a timely response.

Moderator: JIDE Support

Forum rules
Community driven forum for open source JIDE Common Layer. JIDE technical support doesn't monitor this forum as often as other forums. If you only use JIDE Common Layer, please consider subscribing for technical support for JIDE Common Layer so that you can use customer only forum to get a timely response.

Using Jide Look and Feel with non-Jide components

Postby debabrata » Sat May 29, 2010 3:40 am

Hi,
I am trying to use Jide's Office2003 look and feel in my UI. While it looks very nice on all the Jide components, the LnF doesn't get applied to the default Swing components. For example, if I use JRadioButton, I still get the metallic gray background, instead of the blue one.

How can I make them look consistent? I did install the JideExtensions to the LnF in the following way.

try {
UIManager.setLookAndFeel(WindowsLookAndFeel.class.getName());
} catch (...) {
}

LookAndFeelFactory.installJideExtension();

Thanks,
Dash.
debabrata

Re: Using Jide Look and Feel with non-Jide components

Postby JIDE Support » Sat May 29, 2010 6:47 am

After installing JIDE extension, we updated some UIDefaults so that other Swing components could also reuse it. Would you please give JIDE AbstractSpanTableDemo a try? In that demo, we also have JRadioButtons in the option panel. Please check if the painting fulfills your request.

Thanks,
JIDE Software Technical Support Team
JIDE Support
Site Admin

Re: Using Jide Look and Feel with non-Jide components

Postby debabrata » Sun May 30, 2010 8:38 am

Thank you for the reply. I unfortunately didn't find anything any special UIDefaults set up in the demo you mentioned. I therefore switched back to JideToggleButton instead of JRadioButton, and it looks much more integrated now.
debabrata

Return to JIDE Common Layer Open Source Project Discussion (Community Driven)