CheckBoxTree Suggestions

This is the forum for JIDE Common Layer which is open sourced at https://github.com/jidesoft/jide-oss. Please note, JIDE technical support doesn't monitor this forum as often as other forums. Please consider subscribe for technical support for JIDE Common Layer so that you can use customer only forum to get a timely response.

Moderator: JIDE Support

Forum rules
Community driven forum for open source JIDE Common Layer. JIDE technical support doesn't monitor this forum as often as other forums. If you only use JIDE Common Layer, please consider subscribing for technical support for JIDE Common Layer so that you can use customer only forum to get a timely response.

CheckBoxTree Suggestions

Postby robert » Tue Jan 26, 2010 9:22 am

I'm using CheckBoxTree in my project and have a couple questions/suggestions:

1) Is there a simple way to unselect all of the nodes in the tree? I'm looking for something similar to the clearSelection() method in CheckBoxList. The clearSelection() method in CheckBoxTree does not seem to do anything. Or do I need to iterate through the tree and unselect each node?

2) In my CheckBoxList I have set setClickInCheckBoxOnly() to false so that the user can click on the text or the checkbox in order to select the item. I do not see a similar method for CheckBoxTree. I would like to have consistent behaviour between the list and tree, but I'm not sure if this is possible.

Thanks
robert

Re: CheckBoxTree Suggestions

Postby JIDE Support » Tue Jan 26, 2010 10:40 am

Thanks for your suggestion. We will consider add a similar flag in CheckBoxTree in 2.8.3.

Please try to invoke CheckBoxTree#getCheckBoxTreeSelectionModel()#clearSelection() to unselect all of the nodes in the tree. Please check out JIDE CheckBoxTreeDemo for your reference.

Thanks,
JIDE Software Technical Support Team
JIDE Support
Site Admin

Postby robert » Tue Jan 26, 2010 3:45 pm

Thanks for the assistance. I was mistakenly using getSelectionModel() when I should have been using getCheckBoxTreeSelectionModel().
robert

Postby JIDE Support » Fri Jan 29, 2010 11:55 am

Just so you know, the new APIs similar to CheckBoxList are provided in CheckBoxTree in 2.8.3.

Thanks,
JIDE Software Technical Support Team
JIDE Support
Site Admin

Return to JIDE Common Layer Open Source Project Discussion (Community Driven)