How to overlay Image.

This is the forum for JIDE Common Layer which is open sourced at https://github.com/jidesoft/jide-oss. Please note, JIDE technical support doesn't monitor this forum as often as other forums. Please consider subscribe for technical support for JIDE Common Layer so that you can use customer only forum to get a timely response.

Moderator: JIDE Support

Forum rules
Community driven forum for open source JIDE Common Layer. JIDE technical support doesn't monitor this forum as often as other forums. If you only use JIDE Common Layer, please consider subscribing for technical support for JIDE Common Layer so that you can use customer only forum to get a timely response.

How to overlay Image.

Postby kuether » Tue Oct 27, 2009 3:31 am

Hi,

I have to mark a portion in my image to show the current progress.The image is a graph with nodes and arrows (to connect the nodes with each other). I need to mark the node by overlaying that node with another image. I have serached the example but could not figure out how to do that . Can any please help me.
If anyone know some other way to execute that use case then please share it.

Thanks in advance.
kuether

Re: How to overlay Image.

Postby JIDE Support » Tue Oct 27, 2009 8:51 am

Please try use the tree(with nodes and connectors) image as the background for a JPanel (override paintComponent method to paint) then add a JLabel with the overlay image into the panel. You probably have to have your own layout manager to make the JLabel right over the node you want to decorate.

Thanks,
JIDE Software Technical Support Team
JIDE Support
Site Admin

Return to JIDE Common Layer Open Source Project Discussion (Community Driven)