Unable to execute standalone app in JDK 1.6 of MAC 10.6

This is the forum for JIDE Common Layer which is open sourced at https://github.com/jidesoft/jide-oss. Please note, JIDE technical support doesn't monitor this forum as often as other forums. Please consider subscribe for technical support for JIDE Common Layer so that you can use customer only forum to get a timely response.

Moderator: JIDE Support

Forum rules
Community driven forum for open source JIDE Common Layer. JIDE technical support doesn't monitor this forum as often as other forums. If you only use JIDE Common Layer, please consider subscribing for technical support for JIDE Common Layer so that you can use customer only forum to get a timely response.

Unable to execute standalone app in JDK 1.6 of MAC 10.6

Postby srinadh » Wed Oct 07, 2009 11:52 pm

I am able to execute a standalone application successfully till MAC 10.5 that works with jdk 1.5 version. I could not able to execute the same application on Snow Leopard(MAC 10.6) that works with jdk 1.6 version.

Seems to be that, there could be an issue with jidesoft and below is the exception that occured during execution:

---------------------------------
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: apple/laf/ScreenMenuBar
at java.lang.Class.getDeclaredMethods0(Native Method) at
java.lang.Class.privateGetDeclaredMethods(Class.java:2427)
at java.lang.Class.getMethod0(Class.java:2670)
at java.lang.Class.getMethod(Class.java:1603)
at javax.swing.UIDefaults.getUI(UIDefaults.java:748)
at javax.swing.UIManager.getUI UIManager.java:1025)
at com.jidesoft.action.CommandBar.updateUI(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.JMenuBar.<init>(JMenuBar.java:95)
at com.jidesoft.action.DockableBar.<init> Unknown Source)
at com.jidesoft.action.CommandBar.<init>(Unknown Source)
at com.jidesoft.action.CommandBar.<init>(Unknown Source)
at com.gtcocalcomp.prs.gui.toplevel.analyze.classes.PrsClassCommandBarFactory.createToolCommandbar(PrsClassCommandBarFactory.java:68)
at com.gtcocalcomp.prs.gui.toplevel.analyze.classes.PrsClassCommandBarFactory.<init>
(PrsClassCommandBarFactory.java:60)
at com.gtcocalcomp.prs.gui.toplevel.analyze.classes.PrsClassCommandBarFactory.<clinit>
(PrsClassCommandBarFactory.java:29)
at com.gtcocalcomp.prs.gui.toplevel.analyze.menubarToolbarUpdater.MenubarToolbarManager.<init>
(MenubarToolbarManager.java:26)
at com.gtcocalcomp.prs.gui.toplevel.analyze.menubarToolbarUpdater.PrsClassButtonActionsSubscribe
r.<init>(PrsClassButtonActionsSubscriber.java:28)
at com.gtcocalcomp.prs.gui.toplevel.analyze.menubarToolbarUpdater.MenubarToolbarManager.initActi
onsSubscribers(MenubarToolbarManager.java:42)
at com.gtcocalcomp.prs.gui.toplevel.analyze.AnalyzeMainFrame.initMenubarsAndToolbars
(AnalyzeMainFrame.java:63)
at com.gtcocalcomp.prs.gui.toplevel.analyze.AnalyzeMainFrame.<init>(AnalyzeMainFrame.java:57)
at com.gtcocalcomp.prs.gui.toplevel.analyze.AnalyzeDataManager.<init>
(AnalyzeDataManager.java:109)
at com.gtcocalcomp.prs.gui.toplevel.IwLearningManager.<init> (IwLearningManager.java:93)
at com.gtcocalcomp.prs.gui.toplevel.PRS.main(PRS.java:599)
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: apple.laf.ScreenMenuBar
at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:200)
at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:188)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:319)
at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launcher.java:330)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:254)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClassInternal(ClassLoader.java:399)

-----------------------

Please suggest for a solution as it stops the application execution.
srinadh

Re: Unable to execute standalone app in JDK 1.6 of MAC 10.6

Postby JIDE Support » Thu Oct 08, 2009 8:45 am

It is caused by the non-backward compatibility change of the apple's laf jar. Please upgrade JIDE jars to any release later than 2.6.6. The related bug report FYI is at http://www.jidesoft.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=7762&p=38597#p38597

Thanks,
JIDE Software Technical Support Team
JIDE Support
Site Admin

Postby srinadh » Sun Oct 11, 2009 10:59 pm

Please suggest me the proper process(steps need to be followed) to upgrade JIDE jars from JIDESOFT and let me know the cost of the each/all together jars that are mentioned below:

1. jide-action.jar
2. jide-common.jar
3. jide-components.jar
4. jide-dialogs.jar
5. jide-grids.jar
6. jide-properties.jar

And i am unable to acces the forwarded URL due to cause of "You are not authorized to read this forum."
srinadh

Postby JIDE Support » Mon Oct 12, 2009 8:43 am

The jars are part of JIDE Enterprise Suite. If the maintenance for your license expired, you need to purchase #4690 to renew it. Yo can do that from our online store at http://www.jidesoft.com/store. I can't verify your information as I don't know which company you are working for. You may want to email sales@jidesoft.com with your company name and email authorization code so that we can verify your information before you make any purchase.

Thanks,
JIDE Support
Site Admin

Postby srinadh » Tue Oct 13, 2009 12:47 pm

Company name is GTCO CalComp Inc. Can you please let me know the process and path that I need to take to get the latest jars.
srinadh

Postby JIDE Support » Tue Oct 13, 2009 12:55 pm

I believe the maintenace for your license expired on August 16, 2009. You would need to have it renewed so that you can download the latest release. You can do that by purchasing #4690 from our online store at http://www.jidesoft.com/store.

Thanks,
JIDE Support
Site Admin

Return to JIDE Common Layer Open Source Project Discussion (Community Driven)