add overlay component to a existing form

This is the forum for JIDE Common Layer which is open sourced at https://github.com/jidesoft/jide-oss. Please note, JIDE technical support doesn't monitor this forum as often as other forums. Please consider subscribe for technical support for JIDE Common Layer so that you can use customer only forum to get a timely response.

Moderator: JIDE Support

Forum rules
Community driven forum for open source JIDE Common Layer. JIDE technical support doesn't monitor this forum as often as other forums. If you only use JIDE Common Layer, please consider subscribing for technical support for JIDE Common Layer so that you can use customer only forum to get a timely response.

add overlay component to a existing form

Postby arminhaaf » Thu Sep 24, 2009 6:37 am

hi,

we are using idea formbuilder to create our UI's. Now i want to add an overlayable to a textfield to indicate a special state. I'm not sure how i can do this.
Because the textfield must be embedded in an Overlayable, i cannot just decorate it in code. I have to include a Overlayble (DefaultOverlayable) in the component hierarchy, so i have to include it in the formbuilder. To do this DefaultOverlayable must be a container, if i add now the textfield to the DefaultOverlayable it is not set as actual component. Is there a way to use Overlayable in idea formbuilder?
arminhaaf

Re: add overlay component to a existing form

Postby JIDE Support » Thu Sep 24, 2009 6:53 am

Unfortunately I don't think you can use overlayable inside a gui builder due to the design of the overlayable. You willl have to do modify the code by hand.

Thanks,
JIDE Software Technical Support Team
JIDE Support
Site Admin

Postby arminhaaf » Thu Sep 24, 2009 7:05 am

I don't think it is possible to modify by hand only, I think it is needed to do the whole ui stuff by hand when using overlayable.

Or have you an idea how to include the overlayable into a existing resp. generated ui ?
arminhaaf

Postby JIDE Support » Thu Sep 24, 2009 7:52 am

Maybe you can do it outside the gui-builder-generated code. After the panel is created, you find out the component, remove it from parent, add it to overlayable then add overlayable to its old parent. In the other word, let the gui builder generated code to create the UI first, then you modify the UI.

Thanks,
JIDE Software Technical Support Team
JIDE Support
Site Admin

Return to JIDE Common Layer Open Source Project Discussion (Community Driven)