Do not show arrow icon in JideSplitButton

This is the forum for JIDE Common Layer which is open sourced at https://github.com/jidesoft/jide-oss. Please note, JIDE technical support doesn't monitor this forum as often as other forums. Please consider subscribe for technical support for JIDE Common Layer so that you can use customer only forum to get a timely response.

Moderator: JIDE Support

Forum rules
Community driven forum for open source JIDE Common Layer. JIDE technical support doesn't monitor this forum as often as other forums. If you only use JIDE Common Layer, please consider subscribing for technical support for JIDE Common Layer so that you can use customer only forum to get a timely response.

Do not show arrow icon in JideSplitButton

Postby Bohdan » Mon Jul 06, 2009 8:49 am

Is it possible to have JideSplitButton without arrow icon? There can be a situation when JideSplitButton doesn't contain menu items so I'd like to hide arrow icon in this case and make split button look like a normal button.
Bohdan

Re: Do not show arrow icon in JideSplitButton

Postby JIDE Support » Mon Jul 06, 2009 8:58 am

Unfortunately there is in way to hide the arrow. If so, why not just use JideButton?

Thanks,
JIDE Software Technical Support Team
JIDE Support
Site Admin

Postby Bohdan » Mon Jul 06, 2009 9:04 am

JIDE Support wrote:If so, why not just use JideButton?

I need to add/remove items dynamically to/from split button and if there are now items I'd like to hide arrow...
Bohdan

Postby JIDE Support » Mon Jul 06, 2009 9:11 am

I guessed it. There is no way to do it. You may have to use JideButton and JideSplitButton and change the visibility of the two buttons dynamically.
JIDE Software Technical Support Team
JIDE Support
Site Admin

Postby Bohdan » Mon Jul 06, 2009 9:34 am

OK, thanks for your reply. I'll try and see how can I deal with this.

But as for me it would be nice to have such ability. Just update paintArrow in ui class in such way it takes into account number of sub-items...
Bohdan

Return to JIDE Common Layer Open Source Project Discussion (Community Driven)