CheckBoxTree Problem

This is the forum for JIDE Common Layer which is open sourced at https://github.com/jidesoft/jide-oss. Please note, JIDE technical support doesn't monitor this forum as often as other forums. Please consider subscribe for technical support for JIDE Common Layer so that you can use customer only forum to get a timely response.

Moderator: JIDE Support

Forum rules
Community driven forum for open source JIDE Common Layer. JIDE technical support doesn't monitor this forum as often as other forums. If you only use JIDE Common Layer, please consider subscribing for technical support for JIDE Common Layer so that you can use customer only forum to get a timely response.

CheckBoxTree Problem

Postby correlix » Sun Jul 05, 2009 11:34 pm

Hi,
I am having "refresh" problem when using the CheckBoxTree:
When the user leaves the screen, with some selections in the CheckBoxTree in it, and returns back to it, the selections he made in the tree disappear.
The selection model still shows that selection exists, but the component does not reflect it. how can I "update"/"refresh" the tree component.
I tried to call repaint etc, but it didn't help.

Please assist.
Thanks
Efrat Sarfaty
Correlix Ltd.
correlix

Re: CheckBoxTree Problem

Postby JIDE Support » Mon Jul 06, 2009 5:38 am

We didn't encounter this issue before. It would help if you could share with us a test case by any chance. If not, please try to do the following.

1, print out the CheckBoxTree#isRowSelected(row) to see if the target row is selected.
2, check if you set cell renderer to the CheckBoxTree, if you do, please try use default cell renderer and see if it helps.
3, get into BasicTreeUI#paint(Graphics, JComponent) to debug and see what is happening. // probably be some subclasses of BasicTreeUI depending on which L&F you are using.

Thanks,
JIDE Software Technical Support Team
JIDE Support
Site Admin

Postby correlix » Mon Jul 06, 2009 10:02 pm

Hi,
I think that my actual question is:
Is there a way to update the tree structure and keep the selections ?
I think that my selection disappear because I am updating the tree structure.
Thanks
Efrat
correlix

Postby JIDE Support » Mon Jul 06, 2009 11:30 pm

I'm afraid not. Since the contents in the tree don't have a unique ID from our perspective, we probably cannot find a generic solution to keep selection when you change the structure of the Tree.

Thanks,
JIDE Software Technical Support Team
JIDE Support
Site Admin

Return to JIDE Common Layer Open Source Project Discussion (Community Driven)