Object type returned by QuickTableFilterField's method

This is the forum for JIDE Common Layer which is open sourced at https://github.com/jidesoft/jide-oss. Please note, JIDE technical support doesn't monitor this forum as often as other forums. Please consider subscribe for technical support for JIDE Common Layer so that you can use customer only forum to get a timely response.

Moderator: JIDE Support

Forum rules
Community driven forum for open source JIDE Common Layer. JIDE technical support doesn't monitor this forum as often as other forums. If you only use JIDE Common Layer, please consider subscribing for technical support for JIDE Common Layer so that you can use customer only forum to get a timely response.

Object type returned by QuickTableFilterField's method

Postby RajaRajeswari_V » Tue May 12, 2009 6:17 am

Hi,

i was using an object of QuickTableFilterField earlier and using its table model in the following way.

int displayIndex = filterField.getDisplayTableModel().getActualRowAt(selectedRowIndices[i]);

this was working fine using the old version of Jide.
Now i am using the latest evaluation version of jide. now if i use the same code as above it is giving me a compile time error saying Add cast to the method reciever.

If i add a cast my code looks like this

int displayIndex = ((ISortableTableModel) filterField.getDisplayTableModel()).getActualRowAt(selectedRowIndices[i]);

it gives two other options to cast with and they are DefaultTableModelWrapper and Sortable Table where as i have used I SortableTable Model.
Now though the code compiles well, it is giving me a ClassCast Exception in run time when this Line of code is encountered.
Please suggest the correct class type to cast the line of code with

Thanks
Rajeswari
RajaRajeswari_V

Re: Object type returned by QuickTableFilterField's method

Postby JIDE Support » Tue May 12, 2009 9:07 am

Please cast to FilterableTableModel or FilterableTreeTableModel instead upon your original table model.

Thanks,
JIDE Software Technical Support Team
JIDE Support
Site Admin

Return to JIDE Common Layer Open Source Project Discussion (Community Driven)