intellij-like popup-toolbar

This is the forum for JIDE Common Layer which is open sourced at https://github.com/jidesoft/jide-oss. Please note, JIDE technical support doesn't monitor this forum as often as other forums. Please consider subscribe for technical support for JIDE Common Layer so that you can use customer only forum to get a timely response.

Moderator: JIDE Support

Forum rules
Community driven forum for open source JIDE Common Layer. JIDE technical support doesn't monitor this forum as often as other forums. If you only use JIDE Common Layer, please consider subscribing for technical support for JIDE Common Layer so that you can use customer only forum to get a timely response.

intellij-like popup-toolbar

Postby dprutean » Thu Apr 30, 2009 12:46 pm

In Intellij does exists some popups with buttons ( for example in JSP editor, showing buttons for some internet browsers ).
I tried to implement also something like this. First I tried with the standard JPopupMenu. This class has the problem that it 'eats' some mousePressed events if is visible.
Is important for me that the user is not influenced during the normal work, so the events are landing to the original pane where it belongs.

I tried than the JidePopup.
I found one first difference regardiing the showPopup ( int x, int y, Component owner ).
In my case I call this method for a JPanel which is inside a JScrollPanel. And I want to show the popup exactly near the mouse, when clicked .
With JPopupMenu I called show( mouseEvent.x, mouseEvent.y, panel ) and worked fine. Somehow with JIdePopup is different. How should I do ?

Than I added a JideButton to the popup. But when pressing a button the popup does not hide. What should I do ?

Nice features would be to show the popup progressive ( by increasing the transparency ). Is it possible to extend the class for this somehow ?
About a rounded corner for the popup, are there any chances ?
dprutean

Re: intellij-like popup-toolbar

Postby JIDE Support » Thu Apr 30, 2009 1:47 pm

You can use CommandBar component from JIDE Action Framework. It has this kind of popup if there isn't enough.space to show all toolbar buttons.

Thanks,
JIDE Software Technical Support Team
JIDE Support
Site Admin

Return to JIDE Common Layer Open Source Project Discussion (Community Driven)