Loading Screen?

This is the forum for JIDE Common Layer which is open sourced at https://github.com/jidesoft/jide-oss. Please note, JIDE technical support doesn't monitor this forum as often as other forums. Please consider subscribe for technical support for JIDE Common Layer so that you can use customer only forum to get a timely response.

Moderator: JIDE Support

Forum rules
Community driven forum for open source JIDE Common Layer. JIDE technical support doesn't monitor this forum as often as other forums. If you only use JIDE Common Layer, please consider subscribing for technical support for JIDE Common Layer so that you can use customer only forum to get a timely response.

Loading Screen?

Postby mbelly » Thu Oct 02, 2008 7:20 am

We have an app that allows the user to save and load different layouts and dockable frames. When a user loads a layout, the windows will load up one at a time and then bounce into their saved position. First of all, is there a way to alleviate that behavior? If not, how would I go about implementing a 'loading' screen that will cover the applet area with a panel while the windows do their thing? I have tried an Overlayable, but that did not seem to cover what I needed.

Thanks,
~Matt
mbelly

Re: Loading Screen?

Postby JIDE Support » Thu Oct 02, 2008 7:41 am

That's not right behavior. You can take a look at DockingFrameworkDemo to see how we did it. You can see this demo doesn't have that behavior. The possible reason is you might set the frame visible beforehand. Note loadLayoutData will call setVisible at the end so you don't want to call setVisible before that. There could be other reasons that I don't know but if you can send me a test case to show the wrong behavior, I can take a look and tell you what's wrong.

Thanks,
JIDE Software Technical Support Team
JIDE Support
Site Admin

Return to JIDE Common Layer Open Source Project Discussion (Community Driven)