DockableFrame, "not always on top"

This is the forum for JIDE Common Layer which is open sourced at https://github.com/jidesoft/jide-oss. Please note, JIDE technical support doesn't monitor this forum as often as other forums. Please consider subscribe for technical support for JIDE Common Layer so that you can use customer only forum to get a timely response.

Moderator: JIDE Support

Forum rules
Community driven forum for open source JIDE Common Layer. JIDE technical support doesn't monitor this forum as often as other forums. If you only use JIDE Common Layer, please consider subscribing for technical support for JIDE Common Layer so that you can use customer only forum to get a timely response.

DockableFrame, "not always on top"

Postby AVXT » Mon Jul 07, 2008 2:20 am

I use DockableFrame. When I undock the frame, I want it to be "not always on top". Is there a way to do this?
AVXT

Postby JIDE Support » Mon Jul 07, 2008 9:06 am

You can try to run with system property -Ddocking.floatingContainerType=frame. The property will use JFrame as the floating container. JFrame will hide/show independently from the main JFrame. The floating frame can go behind the main frame. In order to bring it back, there is a task bar entry for it.

Thanks,
JIDE Software Technical Support Team
JIDE Support
Site Admin

Postby AVXT » Wed Jul 16, 2008 8:00 am

Thanks, but this don't work.
I find some methods:

isSlidingAutohide

public boolean isSlidingAutohide()

This is a flag to determine the displaying behavior of a dockable frame when it is in autohidden mode. If this flag is true, autohide window will slide out on top of other contents in the main container. If false, autohide window will push the contents in the main container aside so no contents will be covered.

Returns:
true or false.

and

setSlidingAutohide

public void setSlidingAutohide(boolean slidingAutohide)

Sets the displaying behavior of a dockable frame when it is in autohidden mode.

Please set the flag during initialization of the dockable frame. We don't support changing this flag on fly.

Parameters:
slidingAutohide - true or false.
See Also:
isSlidingAutohide()

But this don't work too(

DockableFrame always on top (by default) on docking and on floating.
AVXT

Postby JIDE Support » Wed Jul 16, 2008 8:09 am

I am pretty sure both should work. Can you reproduce it in DockingFrameDemo? If yes, let me know how.

Thanks,
JIDE Software Technical Support Team
JIDE Support
Site Admin

Return to JIDE Common Layer Open Source Project Discussion (Community Driven)