Pivot Table using References

This is the forum for JIDE Common Layer which is open sourced at https://github.com/jidesoft/jide-oss. Please note, JIDE technical support doesn't monitor this forum as often as other forums. Please consider subscribe for technical support for JIDE Common Layer so that you can use customer only forum to get a timely response.

Moderator: JIDE Support

Forum rules
Community driven forum for open source JIDE Common Layer. JIDE technical support doesn't monitor this forum as often as other forums. If you only use JIDE Common Layer, please consider subscribing for technical support for JIDE Common Layer so that you can use customer only forum to get a timely response.

Pivot Table using References

Postby fred7269 » Wed May 14, 2008 7:16 am

Is there a way to only load in the colunn headers into the table model instead of all the data? Mainly, I want to have references stored instead of actual data that I can use to call a cell builder. I want to resolve all the columns/rows of the pivot table on the fly using an outside builder similar to the SummaryCalculator. The table I want to play with is too large to load on the client side and I don't really want to use an aggrigate table. I'm using the eval package to do all this. Also, is there any way to see the pivot table code -- I would like to know about the dataModel, for instance.

Thanks!
fred7269

Postby JIDE Support » Wed May 14, 2008 7:54 am

Not right now. I guess you want to use other OLAP engine to do the calculation. There are customers trying to do it right now since they have JIDE Pivot Grid source code. Hopefully we can come up with some public interfaces to allow you to do that in the future releases.

Thanks,
JIDE Software Technical Support Team
JIDE Support
Site Admin

Postby fred7269 » Wed May 14, 2008 10:17 am

That exactly what I want to do. As a customer, would I be able to see the source code as well?
fred7269

Postby JIDE Support » Wed May 14, 2008 10:21 am

Unfortunately, the source code is not available unless you purchase the source code license.

Thanks,
JIDE Software Technical Support Team
JIDE Support
Site Admin

Return to JIDE Common Layer Open Source Project Discussion (Community Driven)