Right click in JideTabbedPane using JIDE1.5

This is the forum for JIDE Common Layer which is open sourced at https://github.com/jidesoft/jide-oss. Please note, JIDE technical support doesn't monitor this forum as often as other forums. Please consider subscribe for technical support for JIDE Common Layer so that you can use customer only forum to get a timely response.

Moderator: JIDE Support

Forum rules
Community driven forum for open source JIDE Common Layer. JIDE technical support doesn't monitor this forum as often as other forums. If you only use JIDE Common Layer, please consider subscribing for technical support for JIDE Common Layer so that you can use customer only forum to get a timely response.

Right click in JideTabbedPane using JIDE1.5

Postby karthickdv » Sat Apr 26, 2008 6:08 am

I was using JIDE 1.4 till now. Below is the way that i used to bring popup in JideTabbedPane tab headers.

((JideTabbedPaneUI) m_tabPane.getUI()).getTabPanel().addMouseListener(new MouseAdapter() {
String tabName = null;
public void mouseReleased(MouseEvent e) {
if (e.isPopupTrigger()) {
// My right click goes here..
}
}
}

I migrated to JIDE 1.5 now. Can you please tell me what to modify to get right click pop up in tab headers?[/b]
karthickdv

Postby JIDE Support » Sat Apr 26, 2008 7:27 am

Instead adding mouselistener to getTabPanel, you add it directly to tabbed pane. It was a change made recently. You can search getTabPanel on the forum for more information.

Thanks,
JIDE Software Technical Support Team
JIDE Support
Site Admin

Postby karthickdv » Sat Apr 26, 2008 7:41 am

HI,

You say that following should work..

m_tabPane.addMouseListener(new MouseAdapter() {
String tabName = null;
public void mouseReleased(MouseEvent e) {
if (e.isPopupTrigger()) {
// My logic **
}
}
}

I get the same problem that I got in 1.4. I need the pop up on the "TAB HEADER" not on the tabbed pane.. Right click has no effect after adding the above listener...
karthickdv

Postby JIDE Support » Sat Apr 26, 2008 8:05 am

Do you mean JDK1.5 or JIDE1.5? JIDE is on 2.2.5 right now. JIDE 1.5 is really an old version.

For popup trigger, you need to use botgh mousePressed and mouseReleased in order to make it work for all OS (has nothing to do with JIDE on this).

Refer to this topic for the reason behind the change.
http://www.jidesoft.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4685

Thanks,
JIDE Software Technical Support Team
JIDE Support
Site Admin

Postby karthickdv » Sat Apr 26, 2008 8:08 am

Thanks
karthickdv

Return to JIDE Common Layer Open Source Project Discussion (Community Driven)