JideTabbedPane Border

This is the forum for JIDE Common Layer which is open sourced at https://github.com/jidesoft/jide-oss. Please note, JIDE technical support doesn't monitor this forum as often as other forums. Please consider subscribe for technical support for JIDE Common Layer so that you can use customer only forum to get a timely response.

Moderator: JIDE Support

Forum rules
Community driven forum for open source JIDE Common Layer. JIDE technical support doesn't monitor this forum as often as other forums. If you only use JIDE Common Layer, please consider subscribing for technical support for JIDE Common Layer so that you can use customer only forum to get a timely response.

JideTabbedPane Border

Postby robert » Thu Apr 03, 2008 7:36 am

Hi,

I'm evaluating Jide for possible inclusion in my project. The first component I'm trying out is the JideTabbedPane. I'm wondering if there is a way to remove the border around the pane? If not, could this be added in a future release?

I'm currently using JGoodies Looks. With Looks I can remove the border with this:
Code: Select all
tabPane.putClientProperty(Options.NO_CONTENT_BORDER_KEY, Boolean.TRUE)

However, when I change the JTabbedPane to a JideTabbedPane, a border is added back. I find that the border is an unnecessary visual distraction, especially when using Windows LAF, where the border is a bright orange colour. Is there any way to remove this?

Also, setBoldActiveTab(true) does not seem to work when using Metal LAF.

Thanks
robert

Postby JIDE Support » Thu Apr 03, 2008 8:05 am

Actually the orange color matches with the tab selection color which is used to indcate the tabbed pane has focus.

An easy way to get rid of is to use JideTabbedPane#setContentBorderInsets(new Insets(0,0,0,0)).

Thanks,
JIDE Software Technical Support Team
JIDE Support
Site Admin

Postby robert » Thu Apr 03, 2008 11:25 am

Thanks for the solution. I ended up setting the Insets to (1,0,0,0). This retains a small top border, similar to the JGoodies Looks.
robert

Return to JIDE Common Layer Open Source Project Discussion (Community Driven)